Marry Tarragona’s favourite liqueur Chartreuse with a Mojito and you get a Chartreusito!
This brilliant hibrid of a drink goes a bit like this:
- Get a large glass
- Put plenty of mint leaves with two table spoon of sugar and crush with a small cocktail pestle
- Add the squeezed juice of a fat lemon
- fill the glass to the brim with slush ice
- add a good measure (or two) of the fabled Chartreuse
- finish off with a soaking of Soda water.
- serve with two straws
The drinks really woks as Chartreuse is based on herbs and the marriage with fresh mint and lemon juice is a great simple idea.
Best in the summer and start drinking when the glass frosts over.
This fine concoction was served at a no frills litte cafe/bar called ‘la Fenice’ next to the ruins of the Roman Circus; the only place in Tarragona where I have ever seen Chartreusito advertised.